I want to point out 7 of the reasons it is important that Jesus is at the right hand of the Father.
- It is the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy concerning Jesus. We read in Psalms 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. And in Acts 2: Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Jesus being at the right hand is direct fulfillment of Psalms 110:1
- The fulfillment of Jesus being at the right hand of the Father also serves in showing Jesus is God. Because the scriptures says The Lord said unto my Lord to sit at His right hand. Who but God would the Father call God? We find also in Hebrews 1:
Heb.1: God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
- It shows that His sacrifice was eternal and effective to put into place the new covenant with the nation of Israel and He is the High Priest eternal. We find in : Hebrews 8: Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;………. But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
And in Hebrews 10: By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
4. It shows that His sacrifice fulfilled the Old Testament covenant being the Finisher of the Jewish faith.
Hebrews 12: Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
5. He is in a position to petition the Father on our behalf being our Intecessor.
Romans 8: Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
6. Being at the right hand of the Father shows His position of authority.
Ephesians 1: And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
7. It is the guarantee of our position in Heaven we having been resurrected with Him.
Colossians 3: If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.